Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Many Thanks to all the Havana Experts

I’d like to state for the record that I have never been to Cuba, and therefore have absolutely no first hand knowledge of Cuba. All of the information you’ll find here has been compiled from various internet sources. I neither seek nor deserve any credit, unless there’s some kind of award for cutting and pasting skills. I offer this work as a guide for other first timer’s such as myself, as a thank you to all the great web sites that provide forums and information, and as an homage to all the Cuba experts who share their knowledge and experience. After this section, all of the voices you’ll hear are not my own, but are the accounts of various travelers to, and residents of, Havana.

A huge debt of gratitude is owed to the following people, whose expertise and content I have shamelessly pirated from various travel forums, blogs, and web sites:

Steve_YYZ, for his Havana Big List, 8 Hour Day Tour, Viva Cuba web site, and many postings – you were my chief inspiration to compile this document

CheersTerry for the scams, pub crawl, and other great posts

Al Dieste, for his great article, Doing Havana Like a Cuban in Cuba – following his lead, we will be staying at Casa Antigua

Potato, for the fantastic Cuba-Junky web site

Marty, for his Buying Cuban Cigars in Cuba web site

There are many other sources and posters that I should also thank, but unfortunately I neglected to make note of your names/alias … to you I say … muchas gracias!


No comments: