Friday, September 7, 2007

The Adventurers

Our intrepid band of adventurers is comprised of 4 guys from London Ontario, who all work, or have worked for the same small database marketing company. Should our plane crash, the company will lose 25% of its workforce.

Whitey:
Married, father of a 16 year old daughter, semi-experienced traveler who's been to many US states including Hawaii, and several resorts in Mexico, the DR, and Venezuela. I speak about 50 words in tourist Spanish (dos cervezas, por favor), but will be taking an intro Spanish course prior to the trip. If this was the A-Team, I guess I'm a thinner, cigar-less, George Peppard.
At 44 years of age, I'm more than twice as old as the youngest member of the team, who to my horror, is dating a girl the same age as my daughter at the same school. He's not cradle-robbing ... I'm just getting old.

Dave A:
Dave is 34, single (hello ladies), fun, and easy-going. We've worked together for 11 years.
Dave has been to Vegas several times, and across Canada, but I don't think he's been anywhere outside of North America, especially to an non-English speaking country.

Brandon (B-man):
Brandon is in his early 20's, recent Psych grad, smart, fun, socially conscious, and is taking a couple years off after Cuba to explore the world, starting with a humanitarian trip to Africa. I'd be proud to have him as my son - hell, I wouldn't mind BEING him sometimes! I'm still better looking, though.

Derek (Double D):
Derek is the youngest, 21 years old. Seems fairly quiet and dependable (first-born, perhaps?), but obviously up for some fun and adventure. I don't know Derek very well yet, but am looking forward to it.

No comments: