Monday, September 10, 2007

Book 'em, Danno

Guess I'm dating myself big-time with that reference ...

Our plan is to stay in a casa particular, which is an private apartment within a Cuban home - more on this later.

After several weeks of checking travel websites for flight deals to Havana, I determined that it's just as cheap, and sometimes cheaper, to get a flight/hotel deal rather than a flight only deal. There's a deal on one site for $740, taxes included, so I email my travel agent to see whether she can match that rate.

To my surprise and delight, she's able to secure the same deal for $599 - this is a real bargain and a much better price than any other package I've seen. Those who know me, know that I like a bargain, so I do a quick happy dance and pounce on the deal. Turns out we've snagged the last 4 available spaces.

We'll be flying out of Toronto to Varadero, where we'll have a 2 hour included bus ride to our hotel, the Montehabana . Our plan is to stay there the first night, then head over to the casa.

If you're ever in need of a travel agent, and live in South-Western Ontario, give Tracy a call:

Tracy Smith, CTC, ACC
Destiny Tours International Inc.
Travel/Tour Consultant
519-238-2283 or 519-719- 0555 (cell)
Email: tracy@destinytours.com


No comments: